Kurt R. Willems, Attorney at Law
Kurt Willems is a criminal defense attorney practicing in Raleigh, North Carolina. He recieved his juris doctor degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law and received his Bachelor of Arts from North Carolina State University in political science. He graduated summa cum laude from NCSU and was inducted into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
Kurt Willems served as a staff attorney and researcher on the North Carolina Racial Justice Act study, which examined racial bias in death penalty cases. He has defended many people over the years who have been accused of felonies and misdemeanors, as well as those cited for traffic violations.
Kurt is a published legal author in the areas of criminal law and he serves a presiding judge for both the Capital Area Teen Court in Raleigh and the Annual Tobacco Road Mock Trial Invitational Tournament in Durham.
Kurt is a veteran, having served honorably in the United States Air Force as a communication and navigation systems specialist. Originally from California, Kurt Willems has lived all over the country and the South.
Kurt Willems also serves a of counsel to the Law Offices of Lance Denha doing foreclosure defense litigation.
If you need a Raleigh criminal defense, traffic ticket, or DUI lawyer please call his law office today. Attorney Kurt Willems prides himself in providing personalized attention to his clients and having a small and welcoming law office. Learn your rights! Call our office at (919) 439-8730 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- J.D. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Dean's List, Certificate of Merit
- B.A. North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Dean's List
- The International Crime of Aggression. ABA International Human Rights Committee (selected work, 2011); printed in, The New Jurist - International Law Magazine. Oct. 18, 2011.
- U.S. National Security and the International Criminal Court: Should the Obama Administration Consider Reengagement? 16 U.C. Davis J. of Int’l L. & Pol'y 213 (2009).
- The North Carolina Racial Justice Act. HG.org. Mar. 17, 2011. (www.hg.org/article.asp?id=21312; reprinted in, The New Jurist - International Law Magazine. Sep. 10, 2011.)
- ‘Unconstitutional’ Not quite. The Herald-Sun. September 2, 2010.
- Confirmations tilt checks, balance. The Herald-Sun. July 10, 2010.
- NC State Bar, 10th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA)
- NCBA Criminal Justice section
- Wake County Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers
- United States Air Force, 1997-2001
Areas of Practice
- Criminal defense (felony and misdemeanor)
- Traffic tickets
- Impaired driving (DUI/DWI)
- Post-conviction relief